Washington County Heritage Site Documentation
[NOTE: WCHO has recently migrated from its old software (ContentDM) to a new software platform (Omeka S). We are in the process of re-writing the documention for our contributors here. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact the Archivist at Pacific University, Eva Guggemos: email@example.com]
WashingtonCountyHeritage.org (WCHO) is a collaborative project between a dozen cultural institutions in Washington County, Oregon. It brings together historic photographs and other material from our region's libraries, museums, archives and other groups, such as Centro Cultural and Community Action. This documentation site is intended to support the staff and volunteers from these partners as they manage and/or contribute new material for the site.
General directions & resources:
- How to add new items one at a time
- How to edit items
- How to batch-load multiple new items (advanced instructions)
- How to join WCHO as a new organization [Page TBA]
- WCHO's history, mission and contacts [TBA; for now, see the public "about" page]
- Copyright, Reproductions & Permissions [TBA; for now, see the public "reproductions" page]
- Older documentation for the site (created 2011-2013) : This is a link to the original documentation site for the WCHO site. Most of the technical instructions are now outdated, but valuable information about the original processes we used when scanning material and creating the site exist here for reference purposes. Screenshots of the original ContentDM-based site (active 2011-2019) are archived here.
Scanning & other digitization instructions:
- Scanning photographs [Page TBA, see old documentation for now]
- Scanning documents [Page TBA, see old documentation for now]
- Audio, video and other formats [Page TBA]
Rules for describing materials:
These pages are all in process; interim directions are on the Pacific Archives site, https://sites.google.com/site/pacificarchives/descriptive-standards
- General rules: what principles we are using, what fields are required, etc.
- Place ("Spatial Coverage")
- Medium and Extent