Truman Readers Award
The purpose of this site is to provide information about the nominees for the Missouri Truman Readers Award. Additional information about this award and the Missouri Association of School Librarians can be found here.
The Truman Readers Award encourages students in their early teen years to express their unique voice through exploring new literary genres, communicating with their peers about young adult literature, and honoring authors writing for young teens.
Requirements for Nominees:
- Books should interest students in grades 6-8.
- Books should be written by an author living in the United States.
- Books should be of literary value and enrich children's lives.
- Books should be published 2 years prior to the nomination (2018 for current nominees).
- Students must have read 4 of the nominee books to be eligible to vote.
- Voting will occur early in March.
- An online voting link will be provided on the MASL website for the librarian to submit votes for the entire student body.