Capture the Flag
NAVIGATION TO EVENT
On your base, go to the locations shown in pictures below for accessing the event.
EVENT BATTLE SCREEN
Once you open battle page in events screen, you see the following items, each of which are briefly described. More detailed description are covered in sections below.
The figure below shows details missing in the figure above.
Each team starts with 100 flags.
Our own flags give us most victory points (VP) . (2.5 X Bonus over the actual VP)
That means when each flag is 100 VP the total VP we start with is :
(100 flags) * 100 VP + (2.5 Bonus) * (100 flags) * 100 VP = 10,000 + 25,000 VP = 35,000 VP
When a team captures more flags from opponents as rounds progress, their flags will have more worth than teams with lower number of flags.
Total number of rounds in the event are 17.
Total VP of team is updated each round and it doesn't add up with previous rounds. That means, the final VP of a team depends on number of flags held by a team at the end of round 17.
How to Capture opponent's flag?
- When our team has 1000 points more than an opponent team, we capture their flag.
- If the difference in points is less than 1000, each team keeps their own flag.
- When opponent team has 1000 points more than our team, we lose the flag.
How to select teams to attack?
Worth of each team's flag is different from any other team. Our team flags are worth more than most teams because they contribute 3.5 X actual VP towards calculation of our total VP.
Victory Points of our team at any time are calculated as shown in example below:
We can get the screen below when we click the top right button which says "Shahappens" . It shows your team name in your case.
Calculating VP of a team
- VP of each flag of our team ( Shahappens ) = Total number of flags held by the team
- VP of each flag of Shahappens = 58 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 74 VP ( refer flags held by our team in pic )
- Total VP of Shahappens = VP from our own flags + VP from other teams flags
- Total VP of Shahappens = ( 58 flags ) * ( 74) + ( 2.5 * (58 flags)*74) ) + (5*8 + 4*7 + 3*4 + 2*56 + 1*6 + 1*65)
- Total VP Of Shahappens = 4,292 + 10,730 + 263 = 15,285 VP
This total VP changes at the end of every round depending on flags held by our team and the final VP after round 17 decides our team's final standings in the league.
Which teams to attack?
Depending on the situation, officers and leader shall discuss target teams and mark them as targets which are shown red in the battle screen. Please attack only those teams unless we have lead of more than 3k against those particular teams.
When you attack an opponent team and the opponent team has your flag, your flag is the first flag you steal from your opponent. And vice-versa.
- In the figure below the team which has red background is marked as target by officer/ leader.
- The team which has yellowish background is not marked as target.
What is the priority in case we are dominating targeted opponents with huge margin ( atleast 3k) ?
Attack those teams who have lead of 1k-2k points against us so that we avoid losing flag against those teams.
Also, while selecting target team you can look at their statistics as shown in figure below:
When you check flags currently held by the team:
- If you find our flag with an opponent team, then that particular opponent is most likely a good target
- If an opponent team has a lot of flags, that opponent team is also pretty good target. Unless its a tough opponent which you should learn by their standings this round and current ranking in the event.
- If an opponent has too few flags ( 30 flags or less ), its not worth attacking such opponents since the gain will most likely be low to nothing.
Most important point which is generally ignored:
- A TEAM CAN ONLY LOSE UPTO HALF OF THEIR FLAGS EACH ROUND
- This means, if a team is already losing half their flags in current round. Even having a winning margin of 1000 or more won't let our team steal that particular opponent team's flag. So all the attacks on that particular team are close to useless.
- Do not attack such teams at any cost unless they are stealing YOUR flag from you.
Attacking opponents is the method by which a player scores points against opponent team. This is the method by which a player can contribute to team as well as rack up their own personal points for points achievements.
In the figure below, when a player presses the sword button with green background, it shows the bases which can be attacked
In the adjacent figure, bases which can be attacked are shown with points after arrow and the attack button is shown on rightmost side against each base highlighted in green.
We have currency called energy to do attacks. Energy is shown right below battle tab. Each player starts event with 16/16 Energy. When you use normal attack against opponent, you consume 4 energy per attack.
Once energy is used up, it starts regenerating at a rate of 1 energy per 15 minutes. The energy regeneration stops once you reach 16 energy.
ENERGY PACKS ( EP )
There is a + button in the energy box which will open a pop-up with “Get More Energy”. You can buy Energy using Energy Packs.
There are two options here and the pop-up is as shown below:
EP can be used to buy Energy. EP can be obtained from Bronze and Gold chests during PvP Events and carry to next event.
The cost of buying 16 Energy for the first time is 1 EP. As we keep buying 16 Energy using EPs, the cost of 16 Energy keeps increasing.
If you have more than 10 Energy packs, best option is to buy 100 Energy using 10 EP.
If you keep buying 100 Energy again in same round, the cost keeps increasing.
REFILLING COST RESETS EACH ROUND. This means, after a round ends and next round starts, the energy cost is reset back as shown in figure above.
BASIC, SUPER AND MEGA ATTACKS
When you click attack button against an opponent team's player, you initiate an attack. There are three kinds of attacks and the pop-up while initiating attack is shown below:
- BASIC ATTACK : Cost is 4 energy
- In the attack above, each basic attack gives - 120 points
- SUPER ATTACK: Cost is 20 Energy
- Each Super Attack gives you 4 X Points of Basic Attack.
- Basic attack - 120 points
- Super attack - 480 points
- MEGA ATTACK: Cost is 1 Mega Coin.
- Each Mega Coin = 100 Energy + 20 IF
- Each Mega Attack gives you 30 X points of normal attack.
- Basic attack - 120 points
- Mega attack - 3600 points
USAGE OF ATTACKS
While Mega and Super attacks are very good to tip-off balance in last 30 minutes of a round, best points can be obtained by using equivalent number of Individual attacks.
Please REMEMBER: Initiating Mega attacks is disabled in last 15 minutes of each round as per new rule introduced.
Inner fire is Equip spell which can be obtained from Bronze and Gold chests during PvP. Inner fire can be added as an equip spell to dragon as shown below
Each Inner fire add 1 X Basic attack points.
Each player can use 3 Inner fires equipping 1 IF on each dragon. And if the player has others to backup, each backup can use 1 IF and it will add to the points obtained by player.
Example of using Inner Fires: Considering Basic attack = 120 points
Basic attack on player 1 with no IF - 120 points
Basic attack on player 1 with 1 IF - 240 points
Basic attack on player 1 with 2 IF - 360 points
Basic attack on player 1 with 3 IF - 480 points
Basic attack on player 1 with 4 IF - 600 points
Basic attack on player 1 with 5 IF - 720 points
Super attack on player 1 with no IF - 480 points
Super attack on player 1 with 1 IF - 600 points
Super attack on player 1 with 2 IF - 720 points
Super attack on player 1 with 3 IF - 840 points
Super attack on player 1 with 4 IF - 960 points
Super attack on player 1 with 5 IF - 1080 points
Mega attack on player 1 with no IF - 3600 points
Mega attack on player 1 with 1 IF - 3720 points
Mega attack on player 1 with 2 IF - 3840 points
Mega attack on player 1 with 3 IF - 3960 points
Mega attack on player 1 with 4 IF - 4080 points
Mega attack on player 1 with 5 IF - 4200 points