ST. ANDREWS COMMUNITY TENNIS ASSOCIATION
SACTA Mission Statement:
To coordinate and promote the recreational game of tennis and to provide opportunities for all to participate at a level consistent with their personal goals.
SACTA HISTORY: Organized tennis has been played in St. Andrews, at the Algonquin Hotel courts, as early as 1912, in which year silver cups for the Gentleman's and Lady's Championships were presented by Mr. R.J. Christie, Esq. and Sir Thomas Tait.
The St. Andrews Tennis Club was formed in 1975, still playing on the Algonquin courts, and has continued intermittently until today. In 1988-89, two new courts were constructed on Town land behind the Sir James Dunn Arena, and these are the ones that we play on today. The connection with the hotel (now the Fairmont Algonquin) continues, as they allow us to use their courts during tournaments. This was the case up until 2010 when the hotel courts were turned into a putting green.
In 2008 the St. Andrews Tennis Club became the St. Andrews Community Tennis Association (SACTA).
General Notice 2021
Due to COVID 19 continuing no programs can be planned. Should COVID restrictions be eased to the extent that normal activities are allowed updated information will be posted here and on Facebook.
2021 Membership Notice
It was a great summer for tennis. Thanks everyone for your participation!
(ps. thanks to Ted Michener for the great cartoons)