About Women's 8 Step Meeting
This is a closed Recovery Dharma group created for people who identify as women who are interested in meeting and practice with the 8 Step Recovery Literature. We hold this as a safe space for people who identify as women to discuss all aspects of their Buddhist recovery in a warm and welcoming environment.
Virtual Parking Lot We stay online after the meeting for casual fellowship, to exchange number and to answer questions
- Online: https://zoom.us/j/5443375344
- Phone: 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 544 337 5344
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abvS52576G
Special note: To facilitate a sense of safety and calm, we temporarily lock our meeting for the opening,, 6-minute, meditation. If you call during that time and have trouble joining the call, then please call back a few minutes later to join the conversation!
Please note: this meeting is hosted by members from Australia. This means that the time for the meeting will shift for members who live in other time zones. (Learning something new everyday: Different countries have different daylight saving start dates) Keep an eye out here and on our FB page to stay up to date!
- Hawaii: Tuesday 3 pm
- Pacific US: Tuesday 6 pm
- Eastern US: Tuesday 9 pm
- UK: Wednesday 2 am
- New Zealand: Wednesday 9 am
- Australian Eastern: Wednesday 11 am
Questions and Comments
This Meeting is not recorded
For some, online meetings can seem a vulnerable space. Here are some actions our members have taken to reduce the number of people who know their identity in meetings.
- Create an alternative email account to log-in to meetings (gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc.)
- Place a little tape or sticky note over the camera of your computer during a meeting
- Call in by phone. This sometimes shows a name to others who connect online, but will not show face