Our 9 a.m. class is a Bible study using material from the "Gospel-Centered Life" series. Sundays is a chance to dig deep into God's Word with each other.
We gather around 6:30 p.m. (after the meal at 6:00) until 7:30. Our youth group follows the rhythm: Class--Service--Class--Outreach each month, providing a great mix of activities and opportunities to grow in Jesus Christ. Right now our topic is "Life Hacks: A Study of James"-- learning how to navigate life using the wisdom in James' Letter.
Other Major Events
Throughout the year we have many other events that we do as a Youth Group. Some of these would include a Fall Camping Trip, Halloween Clue Party, Christmas Party, Service Auction, and much more!
Camp Yamhill is a major part of our Youth Ministry at the Newberg church of Christ. Our teens (grades 6th-12th) participate in numerous events during the year. Check out Camp Yamhill's website for additional information. Below is a promo for the upcoming Winter Retreat for grades 7-12.
Tuba City Mission Trip
Every year in the late Summer our High School teens join other local youth groups and head down to Tuba City, AZ to partner with the local Church and serve the community. It is a wonderful and challenging experience!
Youth Group Covenant
- We commit to make this youth group a community where people feel loved and respected. Our actions will create a welcoming environment so that we all can grow in Jesus together.
- We commit to treat ourselves and others the way we would like to be treated.
- We commit to be present with others while we are here and participate in all planned activities. We will listen when people speak and put away other distractions.
- We commit to use words that build people up, rather than tear people down. This includes words that are hurtful to self or others, rude jokes, or inappropriate language.
- We commit to be good stewards of this space given to us, and will treat this area with care and pick up after ourselves.
- We commit to learn how to love our neighbors and grow as followers of Jesus.
- We commit to practice this covenant with others outside of youth group.