WElcome to the monterey Trail High School
& edward harris, jr. middle school
....your place to read, learn, create, and grow!
Meet the Team
Stacy Antonopoulos, MTHS Teacher Librarian
916-688-0050 ext. 44572 Monterey Trail High School
Stacey Mitzel, EHMS Teacher Librarian
916-688-0080 ext. 44573 Edward Harris, Jr. Middle School
About your library:
The Monterey Trail High School and Edward Harris Jr. Middle School Library Media Center will serve students from seventh through twelfth grade. Therefore, the library collection will include books and information resources for all of these grade levels. Because all materials in the collection will be accessible to all students, it is important that parents/guardians be active in determining the individual reading choices made by their child or children. Because the staff of the Monterey Trail High School and Edward Harris Middle School Library Media Center respects an individual's right to access information, we support the principles of the American Library Association Library Bill of Rights, the NCTE Student's Right to Read and district policy AR1312.2.
MONTEREY TRAIL HIGH SCHOOL & EDWARD HARRIS JR. MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The Learning Community of Monterey Trail High School & Edward Harris Jr. Middle School challenges ALL students to realize their greatest potential while preparing them for their future.
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER SELECTION CRITERIA
The collections in the library are selected based upon the following criteria:
· To ensure the promotion of literacy and leisure reading.
· To promote and reinforce the California State Content Standards.
· To provide current and up-to-date information.
· To ensure that ALL students have adequate resources that will help them prepare for higher education.
· To ensure that all opinions, political beliefs, and points of view are represented.
· To provide interesting and engaging material appropriate for high school students.