Methlick Scout Group was formed in September 1920 by Dr WL Stephen.
We moved to our current location in 1942; however we knocked down the old “chicken shed type” hut and rebuilt a new hut in 1997 with the help of the National Lottery.
The Scouts were formed initially, followed by wolf cubs (now just called cubs) in 1927, Beavers on 3rd September 1993 and Explorers in Feb 2002.
In 2006 we became co-educational, with both girls and boys in all sections.
In addition to the hut we have a small camping area at Haddo House Pheasantry, which we – and others - can use
We are an enthusiastic bunch who like to take part in most activities – such as Beaver Fun days, District Cub Camps, Blair Atholl, World Scout Jamboree’s to name but a few.
We try and educate our young people with “Skills for Life” whilst trying to have fun. To get involved and become part of our Group, check out the individual section pages – using the icons on the left hand side of this screen, and contact us via the want to join e-mail on the contacts page and return the form you find there. In addition to getting a uniform, our termly subscriptions are only £35 a term (based on 3 term year).