INTEGRATED URBAN FLOOD MANAGEMENT IN INDIA
Training Program on Integrated Urban Flood Management: Technology Driven Solutions, November 20-21, 2015
Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management (CEWRM), Department of Civil Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani-Hyderabad campus organized Training Program on Integrated Urban Flood Management: Technology Driven Solutions, November 20-21, 2015 with the objective to create a platform for academicians, scientists, research scholars and officials to share their views; have improved understanding and knowledge on urban flood management.
A Total of 45 participants took part in the training program. Workshop is part of sponsored project entitled Integrated Urban Flood Management: Technology driven solutions, sponsored by IT Research Academy (ITRA) is a National Programme initiated by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Government of India with the aim to promote research that help society.
Participants along with Chief Guest and Coordinators of the training program
Invited lectures were on:
- Prof. PP Mujumdar, IISc, Bangalore, Introducted the participants to Urban Flood Management: Past, Present and Future and Modeling Aspects for Urban Flooding: Case Study of Bangalore.
- Prof. K Srinivasa Raju, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus, delievered a lecture on, Flood Modeling and Probability Assessment.
- Ms. Srivani Acharya, IISc, Bangalore & Ms. V Swathi, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus introduced the participants to Storm Water Management Model (SWMM) Software and a Hands on Session on the same was been organized.
- Mr. CM Bhat, NRSC, Hyderabad, delivered a lecture on Urban Flood Risk Assessment & Mapping.
- Mr. A Ramakrishna Naga Raju, APSDPS, Hyderabad, delivered a lecture on, Flood Vulnerability Mapping: Case Study of Andhra Pradesh.
- Prof. K Srinivasa Raju & Ms. V Swathi, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus delivered a lecture on Challenges in Urban Flood Modeling: Case Study of Hyderabad.
- Dr. Dhananjay Pandit & Mr. ApoorvaTripathi, DHI (India), delivered a lecture on, Integrated 1D & 2D Modelling for Managing Urban Floods : DHI Approach.
Prof PP Mujumdar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore delivering guest lecture.
Dr Dhananjay Pandit, DHI (India) delivering guest lecture on the topic Integrated 1D & 2D Modelling for Managing Urban Floods: DHI Approach.
THE HINDU // EDUCATION PLUS // PAGE – 04 // 23rd Nov 2015