Researcher at CNR - Istituto Officina dei Materiali - IOM
Head - RUOS
Sede di Perugia, c/o Dipartimento di Fisica e Geologia
Via Pascoli, 06123 Perugia.
Office: (+39) 075 585 2785
Lab: (+39) 075 585 2746
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
PhD board PhD course
Areas of interest
DNA and its exotic phases
- “Structure of human telomere G-quadruplex in the presence of a model drug along the thermal unfolding pathway" F Bianchi, L Comez, R Biehl, F D’Amico, A Gessini, M Longo, C Masciovecchio, C Petrillo, A Radulescu, B Rossi, F Sacchetti, F Sebastiani, N Violini, A Paciaroni Nucleic Acids Research (2019).
- “Water-like Behavior of Formamide: Jump Reorientation Probed by Extended Depolarized Light Scattering" S Perticaroli, L Comez, P Sassi, A Morresi, D Fioretto, M Paolantoni J. Phys. Chem. Letters 9 (1), 120-125 (2018).
- “High-Performance Versatile Setup for Simultaneous Brillouin-Raman Microspectroscopy” F Scarponi, S Mattana, S Corezzi, S Caponi, L Comez, P Sassi, A Morresi, M Paolantoni, L Urbanelli, C Emiliani, L Roscini, L Corte, G Cardinali, F Palombo, JR Sandercock, D Fioretto Physical Review X 7, 031015 (2017).
- “Small-angle neutron scattering and molecular dynamics structural study of gelling DNA nanostars" J Fernandez-Castanon, F Bomboi, L Rovigatti, M Zanatta, A Paciaroni, L Comez, L Porcar, C J Jafta, G C Fadda, T Bellini, and F Sciortino J. Chem. Phys. 145, 084910 (2016).
- “Molecular properties of aqueous solutions: a focus on the collective dynamics of hydration water" L Comez, M Paolantoni, P Sassi, S Corezzi, A Morresi, D Fioretto Soft Matter 12, 5501-5514, review article (2016).
- “More Is Different: Experimental Results on the Effect of Biomolecules on the Dynamics of Hydration Water" L Comez, L Lupi, A Morresi, M Paolantoni, P Sassi, D Fioretto J. Phys. Chem. Letters 4 (7), 1188-1192 (2013).
-Advances in Brillouin Light Scattering & BioBrillouin Meeting 12-14 September 2018, Perugia (IT).
-A hug against cancer The tie between the ActD molecule with DNA structures rich in guanine inhibits the production of tumour cells.
Defeating cancer with a hug is possible. It’s science suggesting it, in an article published in the prestigious international journal Nucleic Acids Research. Scientists observed that the “embrace” between the antitumor molecule Actinomicin D (ActD) with some structures of our DNA can inhibit the activity of enzymes linked to the replication of cancer cells through a stabilizing action, providing valuable information for the development of new treatments.
-STM Program Interaction of cationic porphyrins and G-quadruplex DNA. A time-resolved (TR) study.
(IOM-CNR, Dipartimento di Fisica e Geologia, ILL&IBS) in coll. with Dr. Giorgio Schirò (IBS) and Prof. Alessandro Paciaroni
-CellulOse Nanofiber hydrogels for Protein Therapeutics (CONcePT) Structure and thermodynamics of model proteins loaded in cellulose nano-fiber hydrogels.
(Dipartimento di Fisica e Geologia, IOM-CNR, Elettra, Politecnico Milano & INSTM) in coll. with Prof. Alessandro Paciaroni, Dr. Silvia Corezzi, Prof Carlo Punta, Prof Lucio Melone, Dr. Andrea Fiorati (POLIMI), Dr. Barbara Rossi (Elettra)