Master teachers will guide and support participants in this work by reviewing progress in Runestone Academy through a teacher dashboard, including providing feedback on programming assignments. Master teachers will present CS A related topics throughout the weeks in recorded video modules and activities. Master teachers will also host 1-2 synchronous web conferences (i.e. digital interactive discussions) each week that all participants are required to attend or watch the recording(s) except activities in Weeks 1 and 2 are for teachers new to Java and optional for those who have some experience with Java.
- Learn Java Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Become familiar with AP Framework.
- Utilize the Runestone Academy system and CS Awesome lesson plans to teach AP Java.
- Complete the CS Awesome pretest.
- Participate in video conference meetings
- Successfully complete at least 80% of the course materials as outlined in the Runestone LMS.
- Complete all the Programming Challenges for each Unit.
- Review the CS Awesome Teacher Lesson Plans and complete the lesson reflection form at the end of each lesson.
- Complete the CS Awesome post-test.