If you will be teaching the AP CS A course in your school during the 2019-2020 academic year, you must complete the AP Audit process before August 1, 2019.
- The AP Audit process will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- The AP Audit User Guide contains step-by-step instructions.
- A syllabus does not need to be submitted for 2019-2020. Once the CS Awesome syllabus is approved, you can submit it in 2020-2021.
- Completing the audit will give you access to the brand new materials that the College Board will release including Personal Progress Checks.
The AP Computer Science A Exam assesses student understanding of the computational thinking practices and learning objectives outlined in the course framework.
- 3 hours long
- 40 multiple-choice questions (90 mins)
- 4 free-response questions (90 mins)
- Students can use the Java Quick Reference Sheet during the exam