Health and Microfinance
Are you looking for a solution to the hazards of health shocks families living in poverty endure? Are you providing healthcare to vulnerable families and need a partner to expand your work?
The Community of Practice for Health and Microfinance (COPHAM) brings together organizations in the health and microfinance sectors in India to promote universal health coverage through partnership and to facilitate a learning agenda. Sa-Dhan, an association of community development finance institutions in India, hosts the COPHAM Secretariat.
Since 2010, three organizations — RESULTS Educational Fund, Grameen Foundation, and Freedom from Hunger India Trust — have been in a strategic alliance to promote integrated health and microfinance. COPHAM is the realization of their community building efforts in India.
The Latest Webinar
What Does Universal Health Coverage Mean for COPHAM Members?
6th September, 2018
In the context of the recent announcement of the launch of Ayushman Bharat, the Government of India’s scheme to address the massive financial security need and the quality of healthcare available in poor and rural areas, COPHAM facilitated a discussion on universal health coverage (UHC) and how it relates to those implementing integrated health and microfinance programmes.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- Universal health coverage (UHC) 101
- What we’ve learned from Health Diaries
- How UHC is playing out in India
- Global UHC movement--key moments and engagement of international civil society
A Learning Community
COPHAM creates opportunities for members to share their experience implementing health programming and learn from others. Watch the most recent webinar recording.
Find more recordings in Videos and PPTs in Presentations. We have organized 7 webinars and 3 National Stakeholder Meets to spark innovation and new collaborations. We have curated the materials on this site.
- LATEST EVENT: 29 & 30 October, 2018 | Improving Health and Nutrition Outcomes in West Bengal & Jharkhand | LEARN MORE
- 6th September, 2018 | What Does Universal Health Coverage Mean for COPHAM Members?
- 8th June, 2018 | Meaningful Health Protection "the Mutual Way"
- 6th February, 2018 | COPHAM in 2018: Let's get started!
- 20th September, 2017 | Second Annual COPHAM Stakeholder Meet | LEARN MORE
- 28th June, 2017 | Rajasthan Nutrition Project Leverages SHG Platform for Improved Nutrition LEARN MORE
- 25th April, 2017 | Affordable and Quality Healthcare for MFI Client Families
- 20th March, 2017 | Community Health Workers: A Feasible, Viable Channel for Promoting Health Workers (2 parts)
- 7th September, 2016 | Stakeholder Workshop on "Community of Practice for Health and Microfinance"
- 28th July, 2016 | Lessons Learned in Building Partnerships to Reach Scale
- 9th June, 2016 | Community of Practice: The Journey So Far and the Next Steps