Code of Conduct / Rules
Policies / Rules
- Glass clinking or bells will be ignored and potentially retaliated against with thrown objects
- There will be no formal toasts, if you have things to say use the unconference area
- Although RenderMan's normal refrain is "all hackers are family, some we haven't met yet" we do reserve the right to exclude anyone we feel won't contribute positively to this celebration for a variety of reasons.
- There are two lanyard types - Photo and NO (share) PHOTO. When taking pictures be sure to get consent of everyone in the picture, even if they are only in the background, when taking the picture. If you choose to place your images in the cloud, social media, etc, make sure that no one in the picture has a NO (share) PHOTO lanyard.
- The No (share) Photo lanyard people may consent to pictures but these pictures are for offline/personal use and should not be shared in the cloud, on social media, etc.
- The hotel imposes a $500 per item fee on outside food and beverages in the conference area, if you are found with any of them by hotel staff, it's up to you to pay the fine.
Please note below that conference means "The wedding party" "The wedding celebration" etc. and "Staff" refers to The bride and groom and the registration staff.
The Quick Version
Our conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
The Less Quick Version
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they'll be wearing branded clothing and/or badges.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference and conference-related social events.