Drakensberg and surrounds:
The Amphitheatre: Northern Drakensberg. (Source: Tourism KwaZulu-Natal)
The Drakensberg and surrounding area is absolutely ideal for group tours and incentive programmes.
A favorite broad itinerary that I advocate is the following:
- Day one: Fly into Pietermaritzburg or King Shaka International Airport. Do a Durban or Pietermaritzberg City Tour and overnight at some of the excellent Tsogo or other hotels in this area. Alternatively travel directly to the accommodation option you have in the Drakensberg or Midlands Meander;
- Day Two: Spend some time on the Midlands Meander visiting the Nelson Mandela Capture Site, one of the craft centres and having lunch at one of the excellent eateries in this area. Arrive in time in the Drakensberg for a helicopter flip and champagne sun downer on the top of this world heritage site;
- Day Three: Indulge in the many activities of the Drakensberg - hot air ballooning, hiking, horse riding, quad biking, canopy tours, visiting the award winning Cathedral Peak Wine Estate, a visit to a game reserve, a visit to some of the Battlefields, white river rafting or just simply relaxing and taking in the magnificent views of what the Zulu refer to as the "Barrier of Spears";
- Day four: Repeat of the above.
- Day five: Return for your flight or drive home via one of the many craft centres in the area such as Thokoziza.
If you would like me to tailor a special package deal for you or your group, please complete the following form.