C-SPAN Classroom Featured Resources
Below are collections of C-SPAN Classroom resources organized by various topics and themes. Lesson Plans and Bell Ringers require teachers and students to use a login and password to gain access. Teachers and students can either create one on the C-SPAN Classroom website or can use the following shared log-in credentials:
Additional C-SPAN Classroom resources can be found on the C-SPAN Classroom website.
Campaign 2020 Resources
- Campaign 2020 Site- This site features video resources showcasing the 2020 presidential election. Topics include the presidential election process, current and historical examples of the process, videos of the candidates and issues being discussed during the campaign.
State History Resources
- State History Site- This new site is a collection of state history resources for all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. These resources are organized alphabetically by state.
U.S. Government and Civics Resources
- Constitutional Foundations and Principles of Government- Featuring resources on the founding documents and constitutional principles.
- Branches of Government
- Legislative Branch- Resources categorized by legislative structure, process and current/historical examples.
- Executive Branch- Resources organized by presidential power, roles and current/historical examples.
- Federal Bureaucracy and Regulation- Featuring resources organized by the structure and function of the federal bureaucracy and the impact of regulations.
- Judicial Branch and Supreme Court Cases- Featuring resources organized by judicial structure, process and history. This section also includes resources on landmark Supreme Court cases.
- Linkage Institutions
- Campaign and Elections- Resources organized by categories relating to: types of elections, voting trends, campaign tools, fundraising and historical examples.
- Media and the Press- Featuring resources organized into categories such as journalism, history of the press and social media.
- Political Ideology and Political Parties- Resources relating to political ideology and the history and actions of political parties.
- Interest Groups and Campaign Finance- Featuring content organized by categories including interest groups and campaign finance.
- Individual Rights and Liberties- Classroom resources organized in categories including the First Amendment, voting rights, due process, privacy and equal rights.
- Foreign Policy- Resources organized by foreign policy philosophies, tools and current/historical examples.
- AP U.S. Government Resources
- 2018 AP U.S. Government Key Terms- A list of key terms with C-SPAN clips explaining or exemplifying the term.
- 2018 AP U.S. Government and Politics Units- Resources organized by 2018 redesigned units and enduring understandings.
- 2018 AP U.S. Government and Politics Documents and Court Cases- Resources on the documents and Supreme Court cases required for the 2018 redesigned AP Government and Politics exam.
- U.S. History
- 1492-1789 U.S. History- Resources organized chronologically from 1492-1789.
- 1789-1877 U.S. History- Resources organized chronologically from 1789-1877
- 1877-1945 U.S. History- Resources organized chronologically from 1877-1945.
- 1945-Present U.S. History- Resources organized chronologically from 1945-present.
- Biographical U.S. History Resources- Resources organized alphabetically.
- World History- Content organized in reverse-chronological order by centuries and by theme.
- Native American History- Resources relating to Native American history.
- Black History and Civil Rights- Featured content relating to black history and the civil rights movement.
Economics and Financial Literacy
- General Economics and AP Economics Key Terms- Resources relating to general economic principles, economic systems and AP Macroeconomics and Microeconomics key terms.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy- Lesson, clips and bell ringers relating to taxes, spending, the budget process and the Federal Reserve.
- Financial Literacy and Personal Finance- Resources relating to topics such as income and savings, loan and credit card debt.
Additional Content Areas
- Comparative Government- Featuring resources with overviews of types of government and examples of how countries around the world implement these governments.
- Geography and AP Human Geography- Geography resources organized by the five themes of geography and the seven units found in the AP Human Geography course.
- English and Literature- Resources categorized by author, literary history and analysis.