Dictionary: how to add them to improve text prediction
by Mus Tofa
(extreme/unsafe method that blocks updates)
Before making extreme changes, take the following precautions:
1. Create a backup of the system partition and save it on the SD card, as root:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/sdcard/system.img bs=2048
2. Place the RestoreSystem_signed.zip file on the sd card, next to system.img
adb push RestoreSystem_signed.zip /sdcard/
3. Permanently replace the recovery mode with a custom one (read the guide).
4. Now you can safely customize the system. To receive official updates you will need to restore everything by running the RestoreSystem_signed.zip file from Recovery. Once the process is complete, a system script will reinstall the stock version of the recovery on first boot.
Repeat this procedure every time you decide to start customizing only the system partition.
When my phone update it firmware, I noticed the prediction of my native language is gone, so I research it. There I noticed in folder /sytem/vendor/dict have additional folder “touchpal”, I guest they replace it from kika to touchpal:
So I pull that folder and look inside it. Thera I noticed english have *.rom file but indonesian have not, I guest that the dictionary file:
2. There you get *.tpl file in your internal sdcard in folder
for example on this tutorial is my native language “indonesian.tpl” :
3. Copy that file to pc, rename the extension to zip, and extrack it. There you get many files. Open assets folder. There your predictive dictionary file which have extension *rom.png
4. Remove *.png extenstion and push the file to system: