(extreme/unsafe method that blocks updates)
Before making extreme changes, take the following precautions:
1. Create a backup of the system partition and save it on the SD card, as root:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/sdcard/system.img bs=2048
2. Place the RestoreSystem_signed.zip file on the sd card, next to system.img
adb push RestoreSystem_signed.zip /sdcard/
3. Permanently replace the recovery mode with a custom one (read the guide).
4. Now you can safely customize the system. To receive official updates you will need to restore everything by running the RestoreSystem_signed.zip file from Recovery. Once the process is complete, a system script will reinstall the stock version of the recovery on first boot.
Repeat this procedure every time you decide to start customizing only the system partition.
1. Make a backup of your existing "hosts" file: adb pull /system/etc/hosts
2. Copy and paste the content of this page into a file named "hosts". This is the official StevenBlack's file from the "hosts project, the more complete and updated blacklist of unwanted websites. For more details visit the official project https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts;
3. CUSTOMIZATION (optional), if you want you can edit the list just adding unwanted sites into the following space:
Adding the line 0.0.0.0 ssp.kaiads.com you can remove annoyng ads from the official KaiOS's store, but this can cause problems when you want install some kind of apps, like WhatsApp. Use this extension at your own risk. I personally don't need it, I don't use official KaiOS's apps :) visit the B-Hackers Store for hundreds alternative apps;
4. Put the file on your SD card;
5. Enable the debug mode (*#*#33284#*#*);
6. Get a temporary root access. Remember, the following commands are written if you use Telnetd app, but you can get root in a easier way using Wallace and ADBRoot. Using them you don't need to write "busybox" or "busybox telnet localhost" and just write "exit" one time:
7. Done! Now your web pages are faster...and without ADs!