Sandy Valley Counseling
& Guidance Department
The Greater the Storm
The Greater the Rainbow
Through Our Challenges
We Look Forward with Hope
Welcome to the online home of Sandy Valley High School / Middle School Counseling & Guidance Services!
* Check back periodically for updates to Announcements and Key Dates!
* Scroll down for Guidance Announcements, Key Dates, and Cardinal Queue Counselor Appointment form.
* Please use the top menu to navigate the site for important information on graduation, career exploration, college credit plus, career-tech/vocational, and more!
*COVID - 19 SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS*
These are interesting times for our nation and our schools, as we respond to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Although counselors are out of the office due to the state shutdown of schools, we are working remotely to address your academic, career, and social/emotional needs. We will be communicating primarily through email, Cardinal Queue responses, our SV Counseling & Guidance Google Site and the SV Counseling & Guidance Facebook page. Please let us know if there is anything you need!
During this time, it is important to stay connected! We're in this together! Go Cards!
- Ohio Department of Education How to Support Your Child’s Health and Well-Being During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure
- Ohio Department of Education Graduation Requirements in Light of Coronavirus-Related School-Building Closure
- Ohio Department of Education Updated Guidance for CCP (College Credit Plus) Students & Families
- Ohio Department of Education Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Ohio's Schools and Districts
- Ohio Department of Education Additional Information on State Testing During the Ordered School-Building Closure - State AIR/End-of-Course testing has been waived for this year, as well as career-tech WebXams.
- Our page on mental health provider & support resources
Scheduling/Registration for 2020-2021
**ATTENTION** Due to school closures, any student that has not had an opportunity to submit a course registration form for next year can do so by completing it here: Sandy Valley High School Registration Form
CCP for the 2020 - 2021 School Year: How Does School Being Closed Impact the Process?
We understand that schools being closed prevents students from going to the college campus to take an Accuplacer assessment. We have changed our forms so that it is no longer required that students complete the Accuplacer / ACT prior to submitting the SV CCP application. All other steps can and should be completed prior to April 1. Click on the CCP link above under Academics for more info and to begin the process.
Ms. Veigel, School Counselor
Students Grades K – 7
For more information about Ms. Veigel’s K – 7 Counseling Programs and information, please visit: http://sites.google.com/svlocal.org/jveigel
Miss Rori schneller, School-based therapist - LISW, CDCA II
Provide mental health treatment for 6th grade - 12th grade students and families through Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health.
Mrs. Knott, Guidance Secretary
Counselor Appointment Manager
Need an appointment with Ms. Veigel, Mr. White, or Mrs. McCoy?
Fill out the Google Form below and your counselor will call you down or schedule an appointment time with you!
Please DO NOT put schedule change requests into this form- use the Schedule change Form at the top of this page.