The Widener University Student Nurses’ Association exists to unify and support all nursing students at all levels by serving as role models through demonstrating professionalism and acting as a resource to peers while enjoying ourselves and reaching out to the community.
Widener University Student Nurses’ Association will be the predominant student nurses association in the state of Pennsylvania exemplifying well rounded, genuine, professional nursing students, prepared for the challenges of the future.
Code of Ethics for Nurses
1. The nurse, in all professional relationships, practices with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by
considerations of social or economic status, personal attributes, or the nature of health problems.
2. The nurse's primary commitment is to the patient, whether an individual, family,
group, or community.
3. The nurse promotes, advocates for and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
4. The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and
determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient care.
5. The nurse owes the safety, to maintain competence and to continue personal and
6. The nurse participates in establishing, maintaining and improving healthcare
environments and conditions of employment conducive to the provision of quality
healthcare and consistent with the values of the profession through individual and
7. The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration and knowledge development.
8. The nurse collaborates with other health professionals and the public in promoting
community, national, and international efforts to meet health needs.
9. The profession of nursing, as represented by associations and their members, is
responsible for articulating nursing values, for maintaining the integrity of the
profession and its practice and for shaping social policy.
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|