Complaints Procedure


We are committed to work in close partnership with parents/carers in order to meet the needs of children and families and offer the highest quality education and care for all children. We believe children and parents/carers are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt, careful attention to their needs and wishes. By maintaining good communication with parents/carers we hope that parents will bring to our attention any aspect of the service they are unhappy with in order for the matter to be resolved quickly.


Parents/carers can complain about any aspect of the childminding service verbally or in writing. If ever you are unhappy about any aspect of our childminding setting please talk to one of us about your concerns. If you would rather discuss a concern out of hearing of your child, an arrangement can be made to discuss this either by telephone or in person at a more convenient time. If the nature of your complaint is in breach of one or more of the statutory requirements of registration and we have been unable to resolve your concerns by discussion, you will need to put your complaint in writing or in electronic form to us. We will keep a written record of the nature of the complaint, the action taken and whether the complaint was resolved. We will provide you with a copy of this within 28 days. Other parents/carers at our setting will be able to see the record of complaints on request and they will also be shared with all new prospectus parents/carers. Records of complaints will be kept for 3 years or between inspections whichever is the longest. We must also make these records available to Ofsted upon request.

If you feel that the complaint cannot or has not been resolved or if you feel you cannot discuss it with me you can contact Ofsted on either the General Helpline number 0300 123 1231 or the Compliance, Investigation and Enforcement (CIE) number 0300 123 4666, in writing to the Complaints Team at Early Years, The National Business Unit, Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD or through their website: