Watercooling‎ > ‎

Cooler Master Stacker 830

(last edit 10. jan 2012)
Modifying my coolermaster to watercooling.

Cooling components at the moment:
  • Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830 (CMSTACKER)
  • Radiator: Black Ice SR1, 420MM (It fit perfectly in the front-bays)
  • Fans: 3x Prolimatech Vertex  (140mm Push on radiator)
  • Fans: 3x Silverstone 141AP    (140mm Pull on radiator)  
  • Fans: 3x Silverstone 121FMs  (120mm cooling GFX memory and VRM)
  • Fans: 1x Enermax T.B. Vegas duo (120mm outlet vent)
  • Pump: Swiftech MCP35x and reservoir
  • Reservoir: Denger Den Fillport reservoir (only in use when filling)
  • CPU Block: Generic EK Water Blocks Supreme HF (Nickel)
  • GPU Block: Generic EK Water Blocks VGA Supreme HF (Cobber)
  • Heatsinks: 1x Arctic cooling VGA heatsinks for Nvidia 580GTX
  • Heatsinks:  3x Packs of Enzotech heatsinks
  • Fittings: 1/2" high flow, various parts
  • Tube: XSPC  1/2"
  • Water: Phobya ZuperZero Coolant (~750 ml).
  • Black cotton wool for protection between the chassis and the radiator. 
Latest result: 3dmark11 link
  • CPU: 52, 51, 51, 50 @ 100MHz, 1.45v (LLC 100%)
  • Memory: 1866MHz, 9-10-9-24 2T (4 modules, 2GB each)
  • GPU: 1000MHz
  • GPU memory: 2400MHz
Ambient temperature: 23C
CPU core max: 61C (the hottest core under load - 98 watt)
GPU core max: 40C

This is my second watercooling revision. Started with 11/8 tube and EK pump, only push on radiator. It was ok, but its fun to improve so, I did, and now its better. 

       
   
 
          


Screenshots of IDLE temps, after a 3dmark11 run. CPU was clocked to 5.2GHz - 5.0 GHz, and GPU was at default 855MHz. 

    
   

First of all I just took the chassis apart and used my Dremel to remove the lover 3 cm metal under the 5,25 bays. Second of that I had to remove the upper part USB, Jacks, and also the plate with on/off button and USB plugs. 

Assembling

When putting stuff together again I dismounted all the original fans and left the chassis without fans in these places. When the setup is finished I like the FANS in the front to blow the cold air through the radiator directly through the chassis and cool all the parts. 

   
     

 
      


Unfortunately I broke one of the GFX adapters under installation. Be carefull when you pull the heatcover of them. The heat cover sit tight and suddenly slip. I lost the card on the floor, and it's dead. On the pictures it is the upper one that died. 

Diagram
   



Functional parts are now in place. Pump and reservoir needs some adjustment to remove ressonance which is the only thing that can be heard now. 








ą
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 13:06
ą
CIMG5252.JPG
(3749k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 07:09
ą
CIMG5254.JPG
(3552k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 07:08
ą
CIMG5259.JPG
(2884k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 07:09
ą
CIMG5262.JPG
(3735k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 11:26
ą
CIMG5267.JPG
(3740k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 11:55
ą
CIMG5268.JPG
(3014k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 13:12
ą
CIMG5269.JPG
(2877k)
Casper Larsen,
21 May 2011, 13:12
ą
CIMG5270.JPG
(3034k)
Casper Larsen,
22 May 2011, 08:58
ą
CIMG5271.JPG
(3000k)
Casper Larsen,
22 May 2011, 08:58
ą
CIMG5272.JPG
(3070k)
Casper Larsen,
22 May 2011, 08:59
ą
CIMG5273.JPG
(2438k)
Casper Larsen,
22 May 2011, 08:59
Comments