The Greater Scranton Chapter is the largest Penn State alumni organization in Northeast Pennsylvania. We represent alumni, and friends of Penn State, from all 24 Penn State University campuses, who reside in Lackawanna and Wyoming counties. We are proud members of the Nittany Lion Club and the Blue Band's Floating LIONS Club. We support the mission of Penn State University on at least two campuses annually. We serve the community around us, and we strive to help build the future. It is a task we do with pride.
- Officers approved by the boardThe following officers have been approved by the Board of Directors for 2015-2016.
- President: Jeff Mallas
- 1st Vice President: David Tasselmyer
- 2nd Vice President: Candice Dolgash
- Treasurer: Doc Stephen J. Weissberger
- Secretary: Susan Grisewood
- 37th Annual Dinner
- Date: Tuesday, May 5th
Feature Speaker: Football Defensive Coordinator, Bob Shoop
- Alumnus of the Year: Gary DiBileo
- Location: Fiorelli Banquet and Conference Center, Peckville Pa
- Cash Bar: 6:30pm, Dinner: 7:30pm
- Donation: $45 per person. Click Here to pay with a credit card or Paypal account (optional)
- Order Form -- Dinner Flyer
- For additional info, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or phone the Worthington Scranton Alumni Office at 570-963-2537
- Penn State Day at Knoebels
- Saturday, May 16th in Knoebels Amusment Park in Elysburg PA
A normal day at Knoebels Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA is a lot of fun. Just add a large crowd of Penn Staters, the Alumni Blue Band, the Nittany Lion, etc and the day will get even better.
- Ticket and additional info: Flyer (pdf)
- Happy Hour Mixer / Networking Event at Posh
- Please join us at Posh (404 N. Washington Ave, Scranton) for a little networking and fun. The cost is $10 for chapter members, $20 for non-members and $10 for anyone who joins the chapter that evening. Cost of admission includes selective open bar and food. This event will be held on Wednesday, June 17th from 5:30pm7:30pm.