Published Academic Papers
Please see ORCID for the official list.
49. The Impact of Workload on Operational Risk: Evidence from a Commercial Bank. With Tom Tan and Yuqian Xu. Forthcoming, Management Science.
48. Nudging Drivers to Safety: Evidence from a Field Experiment. With Vivek Choudhary Masha Shunko and Seongjoon Koo. Forthcoming, Management Science.
42. Initial Coin Offerings, Speculation, and Asset Tokenization. With Rowena Gan and Gerry Tsoukalas. 2021, Vol. 67, No. 2, 914-931, Management Science.
41. Interesting, important and impactful operations management. With Gerard Cachon and Karan Girotra. 2020 Vol. 22, No. 1, 214–222, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
40. At your service at the table: impact of tabletop technology on restaurant performance. With Tom Tan. 2019, Vol. 66, No. 10, 4496–4515, Management Science.
39. Higher Market Thickness Reduces Matching Rate in Online Platforms: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment With Jun Li 2020 Vol. 66, No. 1, 271–289, Management Science.
38. When You Work with a Superman, Will You Also Fly? An Empirical Study of the Impact of Coworkers on Performance. With Tom Tan. 2019 Vol. 65, No.8, 3495–3517, Management Science.
37. Philanthropic Campaigns and Customer Behavior: Field Experiments on an Online Taxi Booking Platform. With Jasjit Singh and Nina Teng. 2019, Vol. 65, No. 2, 913-932, Management Science.
36. Selling Off-Grid Light to Liquidity Constrained Consumers. With Bhavani Shanker Uppari and Ioana Popescu. 2019, 21(2), 308-326, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
35. Price to compete ... with many: how to identify price competition in high dimensional space. With Jun Li and Sergey Koulayev. 2018, Vol. 64, No. 9, 4118-4136, Management Science.
34. Strategic Investment in Renewable EnergySources: The Effect of Supply Intermittency. With Sam Aflaki. Vol. 19, No. 3, Summer 2017, pp. 489–507, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
33. Is Tom Cruise Threatened? An Empirical Study of the Impact of Product Variety on Demand Concentration. With Tom Tan and Lorin Hitt. Vol. 28, No. 3, September 2017, pp. 643–660, Information Systems Research.
32. THE OPERATIONAL ADVANTAGES OF THRESHOLD DISCOUNTING OFFERS. With Karan Girotra, Simone Marinesi. 2018, Management Science, 64(6), pp. 2690–2708.
31. Plant Operations and Product Recalls in the Automotive Industry: An Empirical Investigation. With George Ball and Rachna Shah. 2017, 63(8), 2439-2459 Management Science.
30. Service Competition and Product Quality in the U.S. Automobile Industry. With Morris Cohen and Jose A. Guajardo. 2016, 62(7):1860-1877 Management Science.
29. An Information Stock Model of Customer Behavior in Multichannel Customer Support Services. With Kinshuk Jerath and Anuj Kumar. 2015, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 17(3), 368-383.
28. Electric Vehicles with A Battery Switching Station: Adoption and Environmental Impact. With Karan Girotra and Buket Avci 2015, Management Science, 61(4), 772–794.
27. When does the devil make work? An empirical study of the impact of workload on worker performance. With Tom Tan. 2014, Management Science, 60(6), 1574-1593.
26. Are consumers strategic? Structural estimation from the air travel industry. With Jun Li, Nelson Granados. 2014, Management Science,60(9), 2114-2137.
23. The impact of New Product Introduction on Plant Productivity in the North American Automotive Industry. With Anand Gopal, Manu Goyal, Matthew Reindorp. 2013, Management Science, 59(10):2217-2236.
22. Collaborative Cost Reduction and Component Procurement Under Information Asymmetry. With Sang-Hyun Kim. 2013, Management Science, Vol. 59, No. 1, 189-206.
21. Impact of Performance-Based Contracting on Product Reliability: An Empirical Analysis. With Sang-Hyun Kim, Morris Cohen, Jose A. Guajardo. 2012, Management Science, Vol. 58, No. 5, 961-979.
20. Capacity Investment Timing by Start-ups and Established Firms in New Markets. With Gerard Cachon, Robert Swinney. 2011, Management Science, Vol. 57, No. 4, 763-777.
19. Volume Flexibility, Product Flexibility of both: the Role of Demand Correlation and Product Substitution. With Manu Goyal. 2011, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, 180-193.
18. Robust newsvendor competition under asymmetric information.With SergeiSavin and Houyuan Jiang. 2011, Operations Research, Vol. 59, No. 1, 254-261.
17. Contracting for Infrequent Restoration and Recovery of Mission-Critical Systems With Sang-Hyun Kim, Morris Cohen, Senthil Veeraraghavan 2010, Management Science, Vol. 56, No. 9, 1551-1567.
16. Informativeness, incentive compensation and the choice of inventory buffer. Stanley Baiman and Richard Saouma) 2010, The Accounting Review, Vol. 85, No. 6, 1839-1861.
15. Revenue Management with Strategic Customers: Last Minute Selling and Opaque Selling. With Senthil Veeraraghavan and Kinshuk Jerath. 2010, Management Science, Vol. 56, No. 3, 430-448
14. Long-term contracts under the threat of supplier default. With Robert Swinney. 2009, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, 109-127.
13. Performance Contracting in After-Sales Service Supply Chains. With Sang-Hyun Kim and Morris Cohen. 2007, Management Science, Vol. 53, No. 12, 1843-1858.
12. What can be learned from classical inventory models: a cross-industry empirical investigation. With Sergey Rumyantsev. 2007, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 9, No. 4, 409-429.
11. Strategic technology choice and capacity investment under demand uncertainty. With Manu Goyal. 2007, Management Science, Vol. 53, No. 2, 192–207.
8. Revenue Management Through Dynamic Cross Selling in E-Commerce Retailing. With Sergei Savin and Wenqiang Xiao. 2006, Operations Research, Vol. 54, No. 5, 893-913.
6. An empirical examination of the decision to invest in fulfillment capabilities: a study of Internet retailers. With Taylor Randall and Nils Rudi. 2006, Management Science, Vol. 52, No.4, 567-580.
5. Dynamic pricing of inventory/capacity with infrequent price changes. 2006, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 174, No. 1 , 553-580
4. Revenue management games: horizontal and vertical competition. With Robert Shumsky. 2005, Management Science, Vol. 51, No. 5, 813–831.
2. Centralized and competitive inventory models with demand substitution. With Nils Rudi. 2003, Operations Research, Vol. 51, No. 2, 329-335.
1. Flexible service capacity: optimal investment and the impact of demand correlation. With Gregory Dobson, Robert Shumsky. 2002, Operations Research, Vol. 50, No. 2, 375-388.