- Alumni Newsletter, February 2013
- Alumni Newsletter, June 2012
- Alumni Newsletter, January 2012
- Alumni Newsletter, June 2011
- Alumni Newsletter, January 2011
- Alumni Newsletter, June 2010
- Alumni Newsletter, January 2010
- Alumni Newsletter, June 2009
- Alumni Newsletter, January 2009
- Alumni Newsletter, June 2008
- Alumni Newsletter, January 2008
- Alumni Newsletter, May 2007
- Alumni Newsletter, February 2007
- Alumni Newsletter, May 2006
- Alumni Newsletter, December 2005
- Alumni Newsletter, May 2005
- Alumni Newsletter, December 2004
2007: Completed the now-infamous trebuchet.
Spring, 2006: Began the Trebuchet
Lab project: Video a chaotic pendulum from below and analyze the
7-9, 2004: Texas
section of APS,
AAPT in Waco, TX (Baylor University).
1-3, 2004: Texas
of APS, AAPT in Stephenville, TX (Tarleton
23-25, 2003: Texas section
of APS, AAPT in Lubbock, TX.
2, 2002: Dirac
at Baylor University; letures and discussions related to P.A.M.
contribution to quantum mechanics (student trip sponsored by SMAB)
- During the '01-'02
year, the SPS group wanted to design and build a catapult.
They started with a small-scale kit, with the plan to expand it later.
We attatched it to a stool,
it, and shot
it. It shot about 40 yards, depending on what we shot. The
big version didn't materialize until much later.
- Apr 18,
Dr. Christensen, Steve Slampa, and Dennis Conner go to Dr. Maniss'
where Dr. Maniss is building a plane from scratch -- manufacturing
of the parts himself based on the plans drawn up by a qualifier
- Feb 27,
Canon Bradley (McMurry Physics Alumni '62) visits to talk to current
about the trebuchet project and give advice on life-after-McMurry.
Section of the APS,
AAPT in Fort Worth.
here and ends
here. While at the meeting, some of us visited the
room in the lab of Dr. Goeckner's brother.
- April 5,
(all day): Physics majors visit Texas
to learn about graduate school opportunities in their Masters and Masters
with Internship programs.
Joint Meeting of
APS, AAPT, & SPS (Texas A&M)