- "Multinationals, Intrafirm Trade, and Employment Volatility," (co-authored with Kozo Kiyota and Yoshio Higuchi), forthcoming Canadian Journal of Economics
- "What's behind the Figures? Quantifying the Cross-Country Exporter Productivity Gap" (co-authored with Kozo Kiyota and Lionel Nesta), Economic Inquiry, 57(3), 1256-1271.
- "Trade Liberalization in Asia and FDI Strategies in Heterogeneous Firms: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data," (co-authored with Kazunobu Hayakawa), Oxford Economic Papers, 2015, 67(2), 494-513.
- "International Productivity Gaps and the Export Status of Firms: Evidence from France and Japan", (co-authored with Flora BELLONE, Kozo KIYOTA, Patrick MUSSO, Lionel NESTA), European Economic Review, 2014, 70, pp.56-74.
- "Closure within multi-plant firms: evidence from Japan," Review of World Economics, 2012, 148, 647-668.(co-authored with Richard Kneller, Danny McGowan and Tomohiko Inui)
- “Reconsidering the Backward Vertical Linkage of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals,” World Development, Vol.36, No.8, pp.1398-1414, 2008 (co-authored with Kozo Kiyota, Shujiro Urata and Yuhong Wei )