The Book of Abraham
The Book of Abraham: Rabbi Shimon ben Ẓemaḥ Duran
and the School of Rabbenu Nissim Gerondi
by Seth (Avi) Kadish
ספרו של אברהם אבינו: רבי שמעון בן צמח דוראן
ובית מדרשו של הר"ן
מאת אבי (סת') קדיש
Revision for online publication of my doctoral dissertation (University of Haifa, 2006). The following Table of Contents serves as the basis for online publication, which began May 3, 2011 (Rosh Ḥodesh Iyyar 5771) and is currently ongoing. The file for chapter 1 includes all of the preliminary material at the beginning of the book. The PDF files are "hybrid," meaning that they can also be opened as fully editable ODT files using LibreOffice.
See below for details about online publication and accompanying blog posts!
I am deeply grateful to Rabbi Natan Slifkin for the ongoing online publication of this book at his Rationalist Judaism blog. Below are the associated blog posts for each chapter:
- Chapter One (with blog introduction)
- Thoughts about online publishing
- Chapter Two (with online resources)
- Chapter Three (with personal musings on the principles of the Torah)
- Chapter Four (with thoughts about Torah and science)
- Chapter Five (with thoughts on free will and the mind-body problem)
- Chapter Six (with musings on talking to God)
- Chapter Seven (with musings on the School of the Ran and the rationalists)
Open Content License
All material on this webpage is copyright © 5772 (2011) by Seth (Avi) Kadish.
Unless otherwise noted, all contents available here (including the blog posts linked to on the right)
may be copied and modified freely
according to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
– Home –