Google Maps is an application providing a fun and visual way to help students understand and learn about the world. Use Maps to teach geography concepts, map reading, location and distance measurement. Google Earth offers a variety of ways to interact with and explore the world, ocean and beyond. Google Street View enables you and your students to explore the world up close, without leaving the classroom.
How are teachers and students using Google Maps in the classroom?
- 10 Ways to Use Maps in the Classroom | blog
- 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Maps | site
- Teaching History - Google Maps | blog
- A Complete Guide to Using Google Earth in the Geoscience Classroom | site
- How to Use Google Maps in Maths Teaching | blog
- 40+ Ideas for Using Google Earth & Maps in the Classroom | blog
- NEA: Teaching with Maps | blog
- Perry Castaneda Library Map Collection | site
- 27 Ideas for Teaching with Topographic Maps | site
- Learning and Teaching with Maps | eBook