Joint GBD-ICE Meeting
Boston Africa-GBD-ICE Injury Meetings
When: Oct 7-10 2009
Where: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Attended by: see summary of individual meetings
A cluster of meetings associated with the ongoing GBD-2005 Injury work were held in Boston from Oct 7-10 2009. These included:
- a meeting to plan collaborative work for estimating the burden of injuries in Sub-Saharan Africa,
- a joint meeting of the GBD-Injury Expert group and the International Collaborative Effort (ICE) on Injury Statistics, and
- a meeting of the ICD-11 revision group for external causes of injuries.
The links from this page describe the outcome of these meetings as they relate with work in Africa and the broader GBD Injury efforts. For more details on the proceedings of the aspects of the meeting that related with Injury ICE, please contact Lois Fingerhut (email@example.com) and for ICD-11, please contact James Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please click on meeting links (below) for notes and presentations.
- Meeting on estimating the burden of injuries in Africa (Please note that this link will take you to the website of the Africa project)
- Joint GBD-ICE Injury meeting Day 1 (Focus on GBD Injury)
- Joint GBD-ICE Injury meetings Days 2 & 3 (Focus on Injury ICE)
These meetings were enabled by a grant from the World Bank Global Road Safety Facility to improve estimates of the burden of injuries in Sub-Saharan Africa. The funding allowed the participation of key collaborators in this meeting. Most attendees from high-income countries supported their travel to these meetings using funding from their host agencies. The US CDC's National Center for Health Statistics sponsors the scientific coordination of the International Collaborative Effort on Injury Statistics.