- Current readings straight out from ES, north of the lighthouses.
- Installed in November 2016 thanks to donations and efforts of the local windsport community. [GoFundMe page]
- Includes precipitation, cloud cover, etc.
- Farther afield: [Fair Haven][Hamburg][Oneida (W)][Southwick]
- Nice graphs showing both forecasts and readings (including history).
- The same site and data also appears as iWindsurf, iKitesurf, and Sailflow.
- Check out their mobile apps also: WindAlert, iWindsurf, iKitesurf.
- When checking the wind forecast and readings, don't forget about rain and, especially, thunderstorms.
- Report sightings (with pictures, location, date and time) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Java Animated Windcast: [iWindsurf/Upstate NY]
- Nice animated way to visualize the regional forecast
- Mesmerizing animation, can be overlaid with other data (temps, pressure, etc.)
- Note that the top of the hill can be surprisingly different from East Shore.
- WindAlert shows 5-minutes granularity. Other interfaces still show only hourly.
- Tends to report stronger S and weaker N than East Shore.
Geneva NY Readings:
- Graphs (forecast and history) and radar.
- Another site with both forecast and history.
Sailflow: [Upstate New York]
- In the menu on the left, select "Forecast Map"
- Shows "the big picture".
- Beware that most weather stations don't have good wind readings.
Aviation Forecast: [Ithaca]
- NWS forecast (same data as NOAA above?)
Magic Seaweed: [Eastern Seaboard]
- Useful for visualizing passing hurricanes
- I can stare at these all day