Due to Covid-19, the shed is not open, and there are no clinics scheduled for the foreseeable future.
As circumstances change, we will update this page and send announcements to the e-mail list.
Learn to Windsurf on Cayuga Lake!
The windsurfing clinics are open to the public and taught by senior club members.
Participants must be at least 18 years old, and know how to swim.
Otherwise, no experience or special gear is necessary (except for booties or water shoes, and wetsuit during the colder months; see below).
Price: $30 for clinic plus $20 annual club membership dues if not already paid.
Registration includes membership in the Cayuga Windsurfing Club which gives you access to the club gear at East Shore Park when the shed is open for the 2020 sailing season.
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimsuit and towel
- Essential Footwear: water shoes, surf booties, shoes you don't mind using in the water (e.g., sneakers) or sandals with heel straps (no flip flops).
- The club has about 15 booties of varying sizes for member use. This is enough for most but not all clinic participants, so please try to bring your own if you have any.
- Drinking water and/or snacks.
- If you need to wear glasses, be sure to have good croakies or something to secure them to your head or PFD.
- Wetsuits are required approximately mid-September through mid-June.
- The club has some wetsuits for member use, but not enough for every clinic participant.
- Wetsuits and neoprene booties can be rented from Cornell Outdoor Education (COE); plan ahead, as their hours are sparse.
Please print and fill out the Liability Release Form. Bring it with you with cash or check made out to Cayuga Windsurfing Club, or pay via PayPal to
NOTE: When sending funds via PayPal be sure to indicate that the payment is "personal" to avoid additional transaction fees.
We will be using portions of the ABK Windsurfing Instruction manual in the clinic. It can be beneficial to review this material before and after the clinic.