Cornell Windsurfing, on the Finger Lakes, in Upstate New York
Due to Covid-19, the shed is not open, and there are no clinics scheduled for the foreseeable future.
As circumstances change, we will update this page and send announcements to the e-mail list.
Windsurfing in Ithaca? Where? The CWC shed is located at East Shore Park, next to Cornell Sailing.
Whenever the shed is open, which depends on the wind and availability of a key-holder.
Shed openings are announced on the club email list (which can be read online here), usually on very short notice, so if you want to be notified of shed openings, we recommend that you subscribe to the email list.
The season generally runs from late May through mid October.
Membership is $20 for a calendar year.
Each clinics costs $30.
You’ll find such affordable rates nowhere else in the world!
The club organizes a number of clinics for beginners over the summer and in early fall.
The club has all the equipment you need.
When there are more members present than available rigs, please take turns and limit your sailing time if there are others waiting on shore.
Please also help each other carry the rigs to and from the shed, and be careful handling all equipment; much of the equipment is fragile and expensive.
What Should I Bring?
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Croakies for glasses (you'll definitely lose glasses not fixed to your head).
- Water shoes or booties, if you have them. The club has a selection of booties for member use.
- Sailing barefoot is not recommended, due to the presence of sharp rocks and zebra mussels. You can wear sneakers you don't mind soaking wet, or sandals with heel straps; no flip flops.
- Wetsuits are required when the water is cold (usually mid-September through mid-June).
- The club has some wetsuits for member use.
- Wetsuits and neoprene booties can be rented from Cornell Outdoor Education (COE), but plan ahead, as their hours are sparse.
For liability reasons, we are prevented from accepting members under the age of 18.
Not a Student?
Not a problem. The club is open to community members as well.
I Already Know How To Windsurf.
Drop by when the shed is open and talk to the keyholder in charge. You may be asked to demonstrate your ability to sail out and back on your own; otherwise you'll be asked to sign up for a clinic.
How Do I Like You?
Our Facebook page is at http://www.facebook.com/CayugaWindsurfingClub
Can I Store Equipment at the Shed?
Unfortunately, no. The club has barely enough room for its equipment.
If you want to leave your personal windsurfing gear at East Shore, you can talk to Pat Crowley at the Merrill Sailing Center: 607-277-9307. There are racks for the public to store their gear for a nominal fee. You can also park a trailer of gear for a seasonal fee.
Can I Donate My Gear to the Club?
Please email us at email@example.com if you have gear you'd like to donate.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.