The research that MJA has published has been heavily referenced and studied by researchers worldwide. ISI Web of Science considers MJA to be one of the most highly cited researchers in the field of Mathematics. His work has inspired numerous research investigations and has been used in the education of researchers and graduate students interested in this field of study.
Please choose from the list below to see the complete list of publications. The lists will appear in a new window.
MJA has written five books:
- Solitons and the Inverse Scattering Transform, co-authored with H. Segur, was published by SIAM in 1981.
- Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, co-authored with P. Clarkson, was published by Cambridge University Press in 1991.
- Discrete and Continuous Nonlinear Schrödinger Systems, co-authored with B. Prinary and A.D. Trubatch, was published by Cambridge University Press in 2004.
The above three monographs are directed primarily at postdoctoral researchers and graduate students. The first has been translated into Russian and Japanese; the second has been reprinted in China by Beijing Press.
- Complex Variables, Introduction and Applications, 2nd Edition, co-authored with A. Fokas, Cambridge University Press, 2003. (The first edition was printed in 1997, 1999, 2000).
- Nonlinear Dispersive Waves, Asymptotic Analysis and Solitons, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
The complex variables book is designed to be used for a one-two semester advanced undergraduate course or a one semester graduate course. The nonlinear waves book is designed to be used for a one semester course. These texts are being used at universities worldwide.