Onomatopoeia - p 10
San Joaquin Valley - p 11
Seborrheic Dermatitis - p 12
Orange, grapefruit and lime trees - p 15
Grape Vine - p 15
Tropical Plants - p 15
Goodnight Moon (book) - p 17
Post reading discussion questions
1. What is it about the number 7 that Willow feels so connected to? In what ways does this and her other obsessions guide her life?
2. If Willow was in your class, would you think she is a "weirdo"? Would you be friends with her? Why or why not?
3. What would you do to make Willow feel welcome at RTMS?
4. Why did Willow's parents encourage her love of gardening? Do you think this was beneficial for Willow?
5. When it is discovered that Willow is "highly gifted," she declares that "It's possible that all labels are curses. Unless they are on cleaning products." Do you agree with her assessment? Why or why not? What are the advantages and disadvantages to having a label?