Community Circles: a restorative practice
Staff and students express thoughts and feelings in a nonjudgmental way by answering questions that allow any student to answer and that reveal their individual self. Everyone is valued as a thinking and feeling member of the classroom community.
Use prompts like:
Tell about a time you felt the happiest.
What has made you frustrated in the past few days?
What does a perfect lesson look like for you?
Describe a friend or family member with whom you are very close.
For more information on Restorative Practices and Community Circles visit: https://www.ocde.us/HealthyMinds/Documents/RP%20Resources/Teaching%20Restorative%20Practices%20with%20Classroom%20Cirlces.pdf
- - Ah Um Game - Kick the “ah, um” habit and avoid these words in natural conversation.
- - Alphabet Back Game - Trace the letter on your partner's back and have them guess the secret letter!
- - Baby Food Guessing Game - Sample baby food and guess what flavor is in each jar!
- - Battle of the Sexes - Test each teams' knowledge of the opposite gender- sports, fashion and more!
- - The Best Game - This game showcases hidden and incredibly random talents and skills.
- - Build Tower Game - Great creative group game- See whose team can build the highest tower using newspapers!
- - Cake Decorating Challenge - Use your decorating skills in this fun activity! Good game for bridal showers and large groups.
- - Charades - Guess the secret word/phrase using only actions!
- - Company Slogan and Tagline Game - Test your corporate slogan & tagline knowledge now!
- - The Dating Game - Fun icebreaker game for groups who know each other well.
- - Dictionary Game - Try to guess which definition is correct- or be fooled by other teams!
- - Dodge Ball - A row of squishy orange playground balls and a gym- It’s the classic dodge ball game. Recommended for third graders and above.
- - Duct Tape Game - Tape your teammate on a wall using duct tape!
- - Egg Drop - Brainstorm, plan, and protect your eggs from being smashed.
- - Egyptian War - Classic easy to play card game- similar to slap jack, but with a twist!
- - Electricity - Squeeze your teammate's hand as quickly as possible- only if the coin comes up as heads!
- - Fishbowl - Fun-filled word and memory game- Charades, Taboo and Password combined! Little preparation required.
- - Food Challenge Cook-Off - Great bonding activity for adults. Create a 2-course meal with the secret ingredient.
- - Four On A Couch - Fun strategic memory game for medium to large groups. Great for teenagers to adults!
- - Fruit Salad - Good icebreaker game, especially for kids. Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
- - Halloween Charades - Show off your acting skills, Halloween-styled! Easy word list provided, ready to print.
- - Halloween Pictionary - Guess the secret word or phrase using only your teammate's drawing, Halloween-styled!
- - Halloween Telephone Charades - Funny icebreaker game, especially for larger groups. Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
- - Halloween Trivia - Test your Halloween knowledge!
- - Human Knot - As a team, untangle yourselves to form a full circle again.
- - Interview Game - A great icebreaker game, especially for newcomers.
- - Jeopardy Powerpoint Template - A free Jeopardy Powerpoint Template, ready to download and edit.
- - Kick The Can - Fun active game to play on a large empty field or gym- especially for teenagers.
- - Logo Game - The ultimate logo quiz- Test your logo knowledge now!
- - Mall Disguise Scavenger Hunt - Find the people in your group dressed up in disguises! Fun game for large groups who know each other.
- - Mall Scavenger Hunt - Fun game to play with a medium to large group. Photo scavenger hunt at a mall!
- - Marshmallow Toss Game - Catch as many marshmallows in your mouth before the time runs out!
- - The Number Game - Work as a team to display the numbers as quickly as possible.
- - Over Under Game - Over, under, over, under... try to pass the ball through the line as quickly as possible!
- - Photo Scavenger Hunt - Travel to different places to find the items on the list and take photos.
- - Picture Guess - Guess the secret word or phrase using only your teammate's drawing.
- - Pumpkin Carving Contest - Use your design skills and create the best looking pumpkin!
- - Purses, Pockets, and Wallets - Quickly search your purses, pockets, and wallets for the called item. Great team game.
- - Rocket Experiment - Brainstorm, plan, and build a rocket with your team- without instructions! Great educational / critical thinking / brainstorming / teamwork game for high schoolers and adults.
- - Salad Bowl - Fun indoor icebreaker game for children to adults! Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
- - Scavenger Hunt - Travel to different places and collect as many items on the list as you can.
- - Slap Jack - Great card game- slap the jacks and any called cards.
- - Song Title Game - Fun game for groups of people, especially those who know music well.
- - Speed Scrabble - Use Scrabble tiles to create a crossword as quickly as possible! Fun, fast word game for a small group of people.
- - Spoons - Get four of a kind and grab a spoon! Fast-paced card game that everyone can play.
- - Steal the Bacon - Your mission is to steal the bacon. But watch out or else your enemy might steal it instead!
- - Sticks and Spoons - Using only sticks and spoons, try putting as many marbles in your cup as quickly as possible.
- - Team Spoons - Work with your partner to call out "spoons"- or catch your opponents' signals!
- - Telephone Charades - Funny icebreaker game, especially for larger groups. Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
- - Telephone Pictionary - Similar to the game of telephone! See how distorted the flip books become as each person goes through it.
- - Toilet Paper Mummy - Wrap someone in toilet paper as quickly and neatly as possible!
- - Thirteen / Tienlen / Tien Len - Singles, doubles, triples, runs and bombs- Great strategic card game for four players.
- - Two Truths and a Lie - Which sentence is a lie? A fun guessing game, great way for people to get to know one another.
- - Video Scavenger Hunt - Travel to different places and record as many actions as you can from the list.
- - War - Easy to play card game, which can be played by 2 or more people.
- - Water Balloon Bottle Race - Summer water balloon game to play out in a field.
- - What Can You Buy - Buy the best items you can get within a budget of only $5!
- - Where the Wind Blows - Great icebreaker group game- find out what people have never done before.
- - Zoom In Game - Guess what the item is, zoomed in - Great Powerpoint game for medium and large groups!
Back to Teenage Group Games