Welcome to Spring Session 2019
Spring Session runs from February 11th - March 31st
Recent Teacher Reviews
Summer Session 2018
Using Social Networking for Professional LearningThe workshop was thorough in its scope. The material was presented in a easy to understand format and encouraged active participation that was well paced and built on previous topics from week to week. Thank you for a worthwhile experience!
Foundations of Personalized LearningThis was my first North Tier course and was not sure what to expect, but it was very easy to follow and expectations were clearly communicated. I've realized that I do need to shift from the traditional method of teaching, to something that is more relatable to students.
Spring Session 2018
Universal Design for LearningGreat workshop!!! I received a lot of useful techniques to maximize learning for all my students.
Google Apps - Basic Part 1This will make teacher collaboration so much more productive. I am someone who feeds off of others. i really believe we are better together. I think this would make for excellent online Socratic seminars. students who have great ideas to share, but are reticent to speak up in class, will much more willingly make connections with class members online. This class has really opened up a lot of doors. I'm very excited to get started.
Integrating Technology with Marzano StrategiesThis is my first class with North TIER. It has been a very good experience to be in the online company of like-minded professionals and learn from them. I have learned some very good instructional strategies that I will incorporate with my diverse learners. Good and enriching experience.
Project Based Approaches to Curriculum DesignI appreciated the facilitators comments on submissions, as well as, her reaching out to make sure things were going okay in regards to the assignments.I like that it is offered at the start of the year. A lot of things happen during the school year. As a 5th grade SpEd teacher, the second half of the year is really busy, as I transition students to middle school and determine if students need summer school.
Fall Session 2018
Formative Assessment CourseI truly enjoyed this class. It is everything I thought I wanted to learn. It clarified for me my understanding of formative assessments and supported my understanding. I would love it if we could create an on-line resource for the Northern Virginia area for all educators.
Google AppsI love to learn through ""playing around."" This class let me explore the apps and learn technology by my favorite method!I was not familiar with Google Apps or Google Classroom until taking this course. I was able to immediately put the information into practice.
Course Fees (Recertification)
15 hours $30 – non-member: $55
30 hours $55 – non-member: $100
Graduate Credit Fees
2 credit $160 – non-member: $200
1 Credit $100 – non-member: $145
Asynchronous, online, teacher-led courses-complete the coursework at your convenience during the week.
Graduate Credit available through Colorado State University
· Course instructions, including where and how to log in, are e-mailed to you when the course begins. You will receive reminder emails as you approach the start date of the course.
· Courses are 30 hours of work and earn either 30 hours towards re-certification or optionally 2 graduate credits. (Note: For Fairfax County employees, 30 hours is equivalent to 1 Fairfax County Academy credit)
· Fees are due before the course begins. North TIER does not charge fees to those that drop before the end of registration. We offer 90% refund for those dropping during the drop period, which is from the end of registration until 7 days after initial notification from your instructor. There is no refund after the drop period.
· Participants do not need to be online at a certain time of the day, nor a set time each week. During the first day of the online course week, the instructor will post an assignment on the Learning Management System. Class participants must log in at points during the course week, complete the readings, activities, watch videos, create products, and participate in the discussion board.
· Participants can expect to spend at least 4-6 hours each week completing class activities.
· Graduate credit requires completion of all course work and discussions, plus an additional graduate-level reflection paper/action plan. Graduate credit fees include enrollment fees and instructor fees. Two hours of graduate credit will be awarded, in lieu of recertification hours, for successful completion of requirements.
Note: North TIER requests that participants share their knowledge and participate in surveys. All sessions take place online. All projects are due on or before the final date of the course. For more information contact email@example.com