Napa County Teacher Induction Program
Cultivating a community of lifelong learners through continuous reflection and collaboration.
Welcome to Napa County Teacher Induction Program!
You have worked hard to earn your Preliminary California Teaching credential, and now are eligible to enroll in Napa County Teacher Induction Program. Our program offers a comprehensive approach to earning your California clear credential for General Education and Education Specialists. How do we do it?
- Site-based, job-embedded support from a skilled mentor for individualized support and growth
- Grounded in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs)
- Collaboration with a mentor, site administrator, and induction leadership to set professional growth goals in an Individual Learning Plan
- Successive cycles of inquiry targeted in the candidate's self- selected area for growth in the teaching practice
- Professional learning activities designed to cultivate a reflective practice
Please refer to the Induction 2021-2022 calendar of sessions for live webinar dates and times. On this calendar you will find:
- Candidate Sessions (candidate & mentor attend)
- Mentor Sessions (mentor ONLY attend)
To attend a session:
- determine which option best fits the calendar for attendees
- add it to your calendar
- login to Docebo to access webinar link and materials for attendance
Webinars are offered on Mondays and Thursday and start at 4:00. Mentor only webinars are coded yellow, and candidate & mentor webinars are coded blue. Optional office hours are offered to support your work throughout the year and are coded green.
For your reference, our NCTIP Handbook details the following information:
- Welcome letter & FAQs
- Candidate Application and Commitment Form
- Mentor Application and Commitment Form
- Site Administrator Recommendation and Commitment Form
- Program Overview
- Program Sequence
- Early Completion Option Application
- Grievance Procedure
- Induction Units