Legazpi
In 1952, the Filipino-Chinese Apostolate in the Diocese of Legazpi began through its pioneering Italian missionary Franciscan priest, Fr. Victoriano Musconi, OFM who left China in 1950. With his sufficient missionary experiences in China, he was appointed to start a new mission among the Filipino-Chinese in Legazpi City. The Bishop of Legazpi, Most Rev. Flaviano Ariola had encouraged him to take care of the new apostolate so that his desire to serve and do mission in the local church in China would not be lost but to find a new fervor and a new springtime in the Philippines.
He uniquely began the Filipino-Chinese Apostolate by establishing the Chinese Catholic Association which was composed of both men and women. He served the Filipino-Chinese Community for 4 years. He was succeeded by Fr. Antonius Wang and was assisted by Fr. Estanislaus Chu. In 1956, Fr. Antonius Wang established the Filipino-Chinese Community in Tabacco which is just around 58 kilometers away from Legazpi City. He founded the Holy Trinity School with Grade 1 as a piloting and pioneering class. However, due to the deteriorating health of Fr. Antonius Wang, Fr. Estanislaus Chu took over his mission for sometime until Bishop Flaviano Ariola appointed Fr. Antonio Rabatan, who was the Rector of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Minor Seminary to take the place of Fr. Antonius Wang.
In 1965, upon the arrival of Fr. John L. Chang, the apostolate towards the Filipino-Chinese in Legazpi was entrusted to him. It was through him that St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church was established. It was also at this time that Fr. Estanislaus Chu went to serve at St. Joseph School in Naga City while Fr. John Chang took over Holy Trinity School and St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church. It was in 1966 that the Church was inaugurated into a parish. Fr. Chang organized the Chinese Catholic Women which was known at that time as the Daughters of St. Jude Association and later joined the Federation of Filipino-Chinese Catholic Women's Organization.