Lake Placid High School
Welcome to the Lake Placid High School Course Catalog!
This site is designed to inform you about the course offerings and educational requirements for the upcoming school year. Specific course descriptions and course outlines are available by department and can be found to the right of this page or using the High School Courses link at the top of the page.
As part of the academic planning process, each student has the opportunity to provide the Counseling Office with information about their course and career interests for the upcoming year. This information will be considered along with existing graduation requirements when preparing student schedules. Within this guide, you will find the following information:
o Descriptions of course offerings from each academic department at LPHS
o Advanced Placement course eligibility information
o A sample Course Request sheet
As you prepare for the course selection process, please keep in mind the following academic expectations at Lake Placid High School:
- Course schedules for the next academic year will be published in late August.
- Not all elective courses in this catalog will be offered next year. Student requests, available staff and other factors will help guide which electives are actually scheduled. As such, it is critical that students RANK their interest in courses when asked.
- Schedule changes and course request changes will not be considered until Locker Day.
- All students are expected to enroll in a minimum of 6.5 credits each school year.
- A student may not have more than 2 study hall periods each day.
- Enrollment in an Advanced Placement course will require an additional learning contract.
- Some course offerings are also eligible for college-level credit from North Country Community College (BRIDGE program) or SUNY Plattsburgh for an additional fee.
Should any of these policies change as development of a Master Schedule continues, we will adjust schedules accordingly.