All Katy ISD secondary students have a district-provided Google account. Students are recommended to access Google Drive using a Chrome web browser.
- Alternative access can be through MyKaty Cloud - mykaty.katyisd.org
LOGGING INTO & SHARING IN GOOGLE DRIVE
Watch the videos below to understand the basic operations to Google Drive using your KISD credentials.
Google Docs offers similar tools to mirror the MS Office suite. Below is a list of the Google products that match the MS Office products:
- Word = Doc
- Powerpoint = Slides
- Excel = Sheets (Form results)
- Paint = Drawings
GOOGLE DOC TIPS
Docs and Using Comments
- You can add a comment to a word or phrase for your peer(s) to see
- Right click and choose comment, OR click on the Comment icon
Research in your Docs
- Highlight a word in your document, and under Tools tab at the top choose DEFINE in the drop down menu of tools
- Click on another word and choose RESEARCH in the Tools menu
- open the drop down menu in the Google window (far right research bar) and change the search to “Images”
- Drag a picture from the “research” menu window into your document.
- You can choose which citing format you want to use - APA or MLA by opening the drop down menu right below the search bar.
You have a YouTube Channel that is part of your KISD Google account.
You can sign into YouTube directly by using your Google account credentials, or you can sign into Google Drive, and then open up YouTube in a new Chrome web browser.
TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION TUTORIALS FOR STUDENTS
Visit the following site to gain access to detailed tutorials on how to access and use the most of the district provided digital resources.
Some of the information found on the site linked above is included in an abridged format on the PHS library site.
TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION TUTORIALS FOR PARENTS
Parents are encouraged to visit the following site to gain access to detailed tutorials on Home Access Center, MyKaty, Canvas, eTextbooks, Online Resources, and WiFi/BYOD