Track & Field
Our goal is to have fun while learning about track and field, and while improving our fitness and skill levels. Track and Field is a sport in which personal achievement is just as important as team achievement, and by improving yourself you improve the team. Everyone will try all of the events: running, sprinting, jumping, and throwing. Together, we will decide the events in which you’ll compete at meets. But, the main purpose is to enjoy the process!
The 2017 Track Packet must be filled out and returned to coaches the first day of practice.
- Can I run track while participating in the school musical?
- What grade levels are allowed to participate?
- What are the events in Track & Field?
- What is the last day to join?
- What if I can't make the first few practices.?
- Can I join after soccer tryouts?
- When does my athlete compete? (What is the order of events)
ALL parents and athletes are encouraged to sign up for the Hill Track Team Remind 101 SMS text instant alert system. This one-way alert system will alert you to team announcements such as:
- Canceled Practices
- Meeting Ending Times
- Modified Practice Schedules
This alert system is not used as a daily reminder, but instead as an instant update for timely announcements. (note: Most of our regular updates will be distributed via the email you provide at registration.)
Directions to sign up:
- Using your text enabled cell phone, send @hill-track to the following number: 81010
Attendance and Lineup coaches should be contacted regarding excused absences and paperwork questions. Please see the list below to find your child's attendance coach. Event coaches should be contacted regarding specific track and specialty events.