Girls Volleyball Open Gym & Tryouts (7th and 8th Grade)
- Coach Oswald & Coach Ridgeway will be hosting an optional open gym on Wednesday, August 22nd from 3:00pm - 4:30pm. Attendance at open gym is not mandatory but will provide some additional time to sharpen up your skills before tryouts.
- 7th & 8th grade Volleyball tryouts will be held on Thursday, August 23rd & Friday, August 24th from 3:10pm - 5:00pm.
- To participate in any practice or tryout, a parent/guardian must fill out an online registration form. This form must be completed 24 hours prior to any practice/tryouts. This online registration form is now taking place of all paper copies.
- Athletes MUST have their rides at school ready to pick them up by 5:00pm.
- Practices during the season will run from 3:05pm – 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Athletes should have their ride here at Hill before 5:00pm.
NEW Fall Sports Online Registration
To participate in the 2018 Volleyball (girls) season, a parent/guardian must fill out appropriate online registration form below. This form must be completed 24 hours prior to any practice/tryouts. This online registration form is now taking place of all paper copies.
*If there are issues with completed online registration, please contact the coach in charge of the following sport for further assistance.*
Volleyball is open to all 7th and 8th grade girls. Volleyball is a cut sport, which means that only 20 girls per grade level will be chosen for the teams. Each grade level has two teams (AA and A), based on skill levels at the various positions. We focus on teaching the fundamentals of the game. We compete in the Naper-Prairie conference consisting of schools from both District 204 and District 203. The season starts with one exhibition game, 12 regular season games, and a playoff single elimination tournament. The season will run from the end of August to the end of October, with practices held daily.