NEW Winter Sport Online Registration
To participate in the 2017-2018 Boys Basketball, a parent/guardian must fill out this online registration form. This form must be completed 24 hours prior to any practice/tryouts. This online registration form is now taking place of all paper copies.
Basketball (Boys) Tryouts 7th & 8th Grade
- 7th & 8th grade basketball tryouts will begin on Thursday, October 26th & Friday, October 27th from 3:10 pm - 5:00 pm. Athletes MUST have their rides at school ready to pick them up by 5:00 pm.
- Open Gyms will be held the following dates:
- Wednesday Oct. 18 (Fieldhouse only) 3:00-4:30 pm
- Wednesday, Oct. 25 (both gyms) 3:00-4:30 pm
- Attendance at open gym is not mandatory but will provide some additional time to sharpen up your skills before tryouts.
- Practices will run from 3:05 pm – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Athletes should have their ride here at Hill before 5:00 pm.
Boy's basketball is open to all 7th and 8th grade boys. Basketball is a cut sport, which means that only 20 boys per grade level will be chosen for the teams. Each grade level has two teams (AA and A), based on skill levels at the various positions. We focus on teaching the fundamentals of the game. We compete in the Naper-Prairie conference consisting of schools from both District 204 and District 203. The season starts with one exhibition game, 12 regular season games, and a playoff single elimination tournament. The season will run from the end of October to the middle of January, with practices held daily (M - Fri). Weekends are off.