NEW Winter Sport Online Registration
To participate in the 2018-2019 Wrestling Season, a parent/guardian must fill out this online registration form. This form must be completed 24 hours prior to any practice/tryouts. This online registration form is now taking place of all paper copies.
Hill Wrestling Announcements
- Informational Meeting: Students that are interested in wrestling on the team or going out for wrestling intramurals should attend the informational meeting November 5th from 3:15 - 4:30.
- review required paperwork
- setup/roll out wrestling mats
- Meet schedule/practice times
- The Wrestling Season (7th & 8th grade) & intramurals (6th grade) will officially start with a practice on Wednesday, November 7th.
- Practices will be daily (except on days of a meet) and typically run from 3:05 to 5:00 pm. All wrestlers are expected to be picked up promptly at 5:00 pm.
- First practice athletes are to wear shorts, t-shirt, and wrestling shoes if available. All required athletics paperwork should be completed online before the first practice
- The coaches for wrestling are:
Wrestling is a unique sport at the middle school level, as we are able to blend both 7th and 8th grade students into one team. Wrestling is a no cut sport and we welcome all interested students. There are two levels to the team (Double A and Single A), but both levels travel together or stay at home when it is time to compete at meets. Furthermore, there are 18 different weight classes that a student can compete at (ranging from 75 pounds to 275 pounds). We compete in the Naper-Prairie conference that includes a total of 12 schools from both District 204 and District 203. The season typically consist of 11 meets and culminates in the Conference Tournament in which all wrestlers get to participate in regardless of their record.