Nights away permit scheme
The nights away permit scheme is an internal assessment scheme designed to ensure that all those leading nights away events for young people within Scouting have the skills, experience and personal suitability to do so.
The permit scheme - for applicants and Permit Holders
You can find full details of the nights away permit scheme in the factsheets below.
- Nights Away Permit Scheme (FS120800) - a general guide to the Nights Away Scheme
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Applicants' guide (FS120801) - a guide for Nights Away Applicants
- Nights away application form - Nights Away Permit Application form (send to NAA)
- Nights Away Event Passport (PDF) - Nights Away Passport for Scouts & Explorers (see general guide)
The permit scheme - for Assessors, Advisors & Commissioners
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Assessment guide (FS120802) - an overview for Assessments
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Commissioners' guide (FS120803) - an overview for Commissioners
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Nights Away Advisers' guide (FS120804) - a guide for Advisers
- Assessment Checklist for a Nights Away Permit (AC120990) - checklist for Assessers
The event - for Permit Holder / Event Leader
- Nights Away Notification Automated Form - automated NAN
- Nights Away Notification (NAN) form - the form to be sent to the NAA 7 days prior to the camp
There are some FAQ's available to support nights away.