Trauma and Grief Resources
Trauma & Grief Resources
This service is available to ALL districts in the Region. If you have had a loss or trauma on your campus and you are a district in Region 14 ESC you can contact Rod Pruitt and he can help provide NOVA debrief and quiet room help as well as contacting trained counselors in the area to provide support.
Region 14 Grief Guide and Resources
- School staff checklists
- Sample letters, announcements, and memorials
- Grief activities, teacher talking points, grief reactions in relationship to ages and stages
- Grief support centers and after care
When A Death Has Occurred
- A Guide for Teachers about Grieving Students from the National Alliance for Grieving Children
- When Death Impacts Your School from The Dougy Center, The National Center for Grieving Children and Families
- How to Help a Grieving Child
- How to Help a Grieving Teen
- Informing a Child Of A Death
Before A Death Has Occurred
For immediate children’s grief-related needs, please contact Brandy Chalmers at 325.670.6951 or email@example.com.
Club Courage is a six-week support group offered twice a year for children and teens, ages kindergarten – 12th grade, who are experiencing loss.
Region 14 Grief Team
Please provide the following information if you wish to help a neighboring during a grief event.