Welcome to the 2018-2019 Cy-Fair Garden Fresh Nutrition Education program.
Through our partnership with Ready to Grow Gardens, we have developed a harvest calendar that coincides with our school lunch menu for Cy-Fair Garden Fresh Fridays.
Our goal is to increase Fruit & Vegetable selection and consumption through a multi-faceted nutrition education approach.
- Lesson Plans in Health & PE
- School garden planting/growing/harvesting coordinated with the Cy-Fair Garden Fresh item.
- All gardens managed through Ready to Grow gardens will have all CFGF items through their partnership.
- Cy-Fair Garden Fresh to Cafeteria
- Schools will have the opportunity to serve produce grown in the school garden in their cafeteria.
- Nutrition Services Department Communications
- Signage in the cafeteria will identify the Cy-Fair Garden Fresh item served on the First Friday of each month.
- Posters with nutrition education information will be posted in the cafeteria.
- Recipes for parents to try at home.