Band Booster Club
Meeting Summary 7/31/18
Band Boosters 2018-19
- Welcome- Mr. Trew welcomed everyone (standing room only in the band room!) A video was show of the marching practice earlier in the day.
- Ms. Whitacre was introduced and she gave a little bit of her background and thanked everyone for the opportunity to work with their students. She shared how excited she was to be in Bolivar and already knows that it was the right place to be.
- Website, remind, facebook/twitter-Mr. Trew shared information about all the communication avenues being used to get information to the public.
- Current fundraiser, need for more organization- Mr. Trew gave information about the student fundraiser that is about to begin. He shared the need for sufficient funds to support a band program and that a more organized booster group would be appreciated and welcomed to aide in the financial support of the 300 band kids.
- Vision of Boosters- Mr. Trew acknowledged the previous help that parents have given and welcomed even more support and physical help in all areas of the program.
- Family culture- building a 'family culture' for the band program. Parents are invited to be at events and take part.
- Aid in food, loading/unloading, equipment management (helping with uniforms, moving instruments,etc.)
- Financial help (especially during the Disney fundraising years) would be a huge help to the entire program.
- Mr. Trew introduced Lisa Pyle, current head of the band boosters and organizer of current projects.
- ****insert Lisa's summary****
- Trailer pulling- Mr. Trew invited parents to help with pulling trailers at the parades and marching contests. 5 parents have volunteered to help.
- T-shirt order, etc.- H&H Creations displayed some of the new Bolivar Bands apparel available for purchase (see the facebook page)