7TH GRADE BAND
WELCOME TO 7TH GRADE BAND
Welcome back to another year of band! I am very excited to see everyone again and play some great music :-) If you have any questions throughout the year, please don't hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com.
7TH GRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFO
- WELCOME TO 7TH GRADE BAND - We are incredibly excited to get started with our 7th graders! Students will NOT need their instrument on the first day of school. We will spend a couple days taking care of start-of-year business before we start playing.
- SUPPLIES - Below is a list of supplies students will need for 7th grade band. You will be able to purchase their band book from us or another vendor. SmartMusic subscriptions and polos will be ordered through us (via Charms).
Students should come to class EVERY DAY with these items. Having their required materials counts towards their daily participation grade.
- Pencil (no pens!)
- Essential Elements 2000, book 2 for their instrument
- Band Binder with sheet music in plastic page protectors
- Maintenance Supplies - this includes valve oil for brass players or cork grease for woodwinds
- At least 3 good reeds - this is for clarinets/saxes/double reeds. Please buy Vandoren (blue box) size 2.5 or 3 for Bb clarinet or Eb alto sax
- An instrument in good working condition. Percussionists should have their drumsticks and mallets
- SmartMusic subscription - We will continue to use SmartMusic for practicing and tests. Like last year, students will have the choice between a basic subscription ($8) or full subscription ($12)
- Lock for band locker - We prefer a combination lock so they don't have to worry about losing the key. If they share a locker with another student, both students must know the combination or have a key.
- Band Polo - required for concerts