Ethos and Values
All schools have a unique identity and at North Ormesby academy we believe that we have created an outstanding friendly, caring and supportive environment that encourages our children to fully learn and develop into well-rounded pupils ready for the challenge of the 21st century.
Our children are further intrinsically motivated to be like our school mascot Tim, who demonstrates all the traits which we believe fully prepares young people for the wider world. These include communication, team work, problem solving, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, self-management, learning and technology.
Tim also encompasses the values of our trust, AET - values we believe will lead children on to truly leading a remarkable life.
Our children are happy and feel safe in school. Our exceptionally talented staff team use all their expertise and experience to extend learning, creating challenges in a broad and balanced, experience rich curriculum.
Our Governors fully support the school in providing the best possible educational opportunities for all. As a school we actively seek to involve and promote the local community wherever possible.
The firm foundations we build enable us to develop a range of qualities and skills which lead to scholastic excellence through fostering a love of challenge.
1. Promote scholastic excellence through the all-round development of each and every child.
2. Create a happy, stimulating, safe and secure environment with a well-structured, purposeful way of learning.
3. Ensure children gain tolerance and are aware of the needs and rights of others.
4. Encourage all children to have a responsible attitude to their own and others' education.
5. To enable the children to develop skills in communication, team work, problem solving, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, self-management, learning and technology.
6. Provide equality of opportunity for all children to experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
7. Work in partnership with parents and carers so that they are encouraged to play an active part in their child’s education.
- Tolerance and acceptance – ‘everyone is special, everyone is different’
- Innovative, immersive learning for all
- Scholastic excellence which demonstrates success